* A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-14  8:23 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-14  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

To reproduce,
    1. Start emacs with "emacs -q -l t.el"
    2. Use mouse to do some random click
    3. wait until a gui dialogue pop up asking if you want to take a
       break and answer yes
    4. Do anything and another dialogue will pop up asking if you want
       to continue break.
    5. Answer yes and the dialogue will pop up again immediately
       i.e. you won't be able to exit the dialogue by answering
       yes while you can if the query is in the minibuffer.

[-- Attachment #2: t.el --]

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-20  2:49 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-01-20  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> To reproduce,
>     1. Start emacs with "emacs -q -l t.el"
>     2. Use mouse to do some random click
>     3. wait until a gui dialogue pop up asking if you want to take a
>        break and answer yes
>     4. Do anything and another dialogue will pop up asking if you want
>        to continue break.
>     5. Answer yes and the dialogue will pop up again immediately
>        i.e. you won't be able to exit the dialogue by answering
>        yes while you can if the query is in the minibuffer.

Should be fixed now.

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-20  6:20   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-20  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-20, Chong Yidong said:

> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> To reproduce,
>>     1. Start emacs with "emacs -q -l t.el"
>>     2. Use mouse to do some random click
>>     3. wait until a gui dialogue pop up asking if you want to take a
>>        break and answer yes
>>     4. Do anything and another dialogue will pop up asking if you want
>>        to continue break.
>>     5. Answer yes and the dialogue will pop up again immediately
>>        i.e. you won't be able to exit the dialogue by answering
>>        yes while you can if the query is in the minibuffer.
>
> Should be fixed now.

I just updated my Emacs and did a test. Indeed you can exit the
dialogue *BUT* you have to answer 'YES' twice.

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-20 21:09     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-01-20 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

>>>     1. Start emacs with "emacs -q -l t.el"
>>>     2. Use mouse to do some random click
>>>     3. wait until a gui dialogue pop up asking if you want to take a
>>>        break and answer yes
>>>     4. Do anything and another dialogue will pop up asking if you want
>>>        to continue break.
>>>     5. Answer yes and the dialogue will pop up again immediately
>>>        i.e. you won't be able to exit the dialogue by answering
>>>        yes while you can if the query is in the minibuffer.
>>
>> Should be fixed now.
>
> I just updated my Emacs and did a test. Indeed you can exit the
> dialogue *BUT* you have to answer 'YES' twice.

I can't reproduce this.  Which toolkit are you using?

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-20 21:24       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-20 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-20, Chong Yidong said:

>>> Should be fixed now.
>>
>> I just updated my Emacs and did a test. Indeed you can exit the
>> dialogue *BUT* you have to answer 'YES' twice.
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Which toolkit are you using?

GNU Emacs 22.0.92.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of
2007-01-20 on Rock

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-20 21:28         ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-01-20 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I just updated my Emacs and did a test. Indeed you can exit the
>>> dialogue *BUT* you have to answer 'YES' twice.
>>
>> I can't reproduce this.  Which toolkit are you using?
>
> GNU Emacs 22.0.92.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of
> 2007-01-20 on Rock

Strange.  On my version, GNU Emacs 22.0.92.17 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 2.8.20) taken off CVS, clicking once in the dialogue leaves
type-break.

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-20 22:59           ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-20 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-20, Chong Yidong said:

>> GNU Emacs 22.0.92.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of
>> 2007-01-20 on Rock
>
> Strange.  On my version, GNU Emacs 22.0.92.17 (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
> GTK+ Version 2.8.20) taken off CVS, clicking once in the dialogue
> leaves type-break.

I notice that after entering type-break, only the "Continue break"
query dialogue triggered by mouse scroll requires two "YES".

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-24 23:43             ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-24 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2007-01-20, Leo said:

>>> GNU Emacs 22.0.92.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of
>>> 2007-01-20 on Rock
>>
>> Strange.  On my version, GNU Emacs 22.0.92.17 (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
>> GTK+ Version 2.8.20) taken off CVS, clicking once in the dialogue
>> leaves type-break.
>
> I notice that after entering type-break, only the "Continue break"
> query dialogue triggered by mouse scroll requires two "YES".

Yidong, can you reproduce this problem? I have also found out that the
number of times you get asked is equal to the number of times you
scroll mouse. Hope it helps.

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-30 19:37             ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-01-30 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

>> Strange.  On my version, GNU Emacs 22.0.92.17 (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
>> GTK+ Version 2.8.20) taken off CVS, clicking once in the dialogue
>> leaves type-break.
>
> I notice that after entering type-break, only the "Continue break"
> query dialogue triggered by mouse scroll requires two "YES".

I've checked in a fix for this problem.

* Re: A reproducible type-break bug
@ 2007-01-31  0:51               ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-31  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2007-01-30, Chong Yidong said:

> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Strange.  On my version, GNU Emacs 22.0.92.17 (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
>>> GTK+ Version 2.8.20) taken off CVS, clicking once in the dialogue
>>> leaves type-break.
>>
>> I notice that after entering type-break, only the "Continue break"
>> query dialogue triggered by mouse scroll requires two "YES".
>
> I've checked in a fix for this problem.

Thank you for the fix.