* default value of `url-irc-function'
@ 2006-05-02  5:07 Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2006-05-02  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hi all,

Now that ERC and rcirc are bundled with Emacs, it seems like URL should
be trained to open irc:// URLs with them. I've just checked into
erc-goodies.el a new function, `erc-handle-irc-url', suitable as a value
for `url-irc-function'.[1]

As M-x irc RET is rcirc, it seems like the default value of
`url-irc-function' should change from `url-irc-zenirc' (especially as
ZenIRC isn't bundled with Emacs).

Ted

[1] This was a check-in to ERC's trunk, not Emacs' trunk. I imagine this
    will probably propagate to Emacs soon.

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

* Re: default value of `url-irc-function'
@ 2006-05-02  6:52 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2006-05-02  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: erc-help, emacs-devel

Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> writes:

> Now that ERC and rcirc are bundled with Emacs, it seems like URL
> should be trained to open irc:// URLs with them.

It already does that.

> As M-x irc RET is rcirc, it seems like the default value of
> `url-irc-function' should change from `url-irc-zenirc' (especially as
> ZenIRC isn't bundled with Emacs).

The default is `url-irc-rcirc', since March 27th.

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the

@ 2006-05-02 15:05   ` Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2006-05-02 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> It already does that.
[...]
> The default is `url-irc-rcirc', since March 27th.

Ahh. Cool. Guess that's what I get for not updating my build since
2006-03-09. Sorry for the noise. At least there's now a suitable ERC
function too.

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

* Re: [Erc-help] Re: default value of `url-irc-function'
@ 2006-05-02 15:33     ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2006-05-02 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: erc-help, emacs-devel

Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> writes:

> At least there's now a suitable ERC function too.

There's one for ERC and one for rcirc in URL, but if your new ERC
function is better we could use it instead of the one I added.