On Mon, Nov 17 2014, Jorgen Schaefer wrote: > Some initial patch attached. I'm proposing an alternative implementation. This version uses EIOIO which, I think, makes it more flexible. Proof-of-concept-quality backends for elisp and etags are included. The UI is lifted from SLIME (with some simplifications). To try it out, load xref.el and then M-x xref-minor-mode to turn it on. It's not fully polished but good enough to show the main ideas. Also available at: https://github.com/ellerh/xref/blob/master/xref.el