Mathias Dahl wrote: > When speaking about modes, how about adding a *real* (not the one in > generic-x) ecmascript/javascript-mode too? Coding javascript is not > likely to be less common in the near future. Including a Javascript mode would be really awesome. FWIW, I compared the various existing Javascript modes not too long ago: http://emacsen.org/2005/09/26-javascript I concluded that Karl Landström's javascript.el is the nicest one out there. You can download it from his website here: http://web.comhem.se/~u83406637/javascript-mode/javascript.el I've also attached it for convenience. Hopefully he's already filed (or is willing to file) Emacs papers! :) Ted -- Edward O'Connor hober0@gmail.com Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.