On 2016-01-04 20:53, John Wiegley writes: >>>>>> Chad Brown writes: > >> Speaking for myself: I do not use any form of the Mac port, but instead use >> the NS port (under Mac OSX), because I want to track the mainline (or the >> release candidate when such exists). From what I’ve seen, there are things >> in the Mac port that I would like to have (e.g. with regards to select), but >> I forgo in order to help (minimally) emacs development. > > Thanks, Chad, this highlights a reason beyond the personal why I'd like Mac > Port in the main-line: I recommend it every Mac user I know, but many are not > willing to go through the extra effort of patching their sources to build it. > Instead, they download binaries from emacsformacosx.com, and never get to > experience how nice Emacs can be on OS X. Building it with homebrew is fairly simple: https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport Best, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated December 28, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.60 ppm