Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Eshel Yaron >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 20:03:45 +0100 >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >> > ...We could make the old UI an opt-in behavior, but tossing it >> > altogether is not something I'd welcome. >> >> I think we mostly agree then, because I didn't suggest tossing the old >> UI anywhere. To opt-in to the old behavior, you'd say: >> >> (keymap-set text-mode-map "C-M-i" #'ispell-complete-word) >> >> That seems to me like a simple enough tip for users that we could appear >> in a NEWS entry. Does that sound reasonable? > > I'd prefer a solution that didn't require key bindings. Something > like a user option. That'd indeed be more convenient for some users, I suppose. I'm attaching below a patch that facilitates using `completion-at-point` in Text mode instead of `ispell-complete-word` by default. Other than the somewhat awkward name of the user option that restores the binding, I'm pretty happy with this patch as it brings about the three benefits I outlined in my original message in this thread. WDYT?