* Re: Face remapping on mouse menu
@ 2008-06-16 10:43 Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2008-06-16 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

    > As per my previous email, I've installed a new binding for
    > S-down-mouse-1, which pops up a menu for remapping the default
    > face in the current buffer.  Please let me know if there are any
    > problems.

How does one change the font for a whole frame?

Today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Mon, 2008 Jun 16  09:51 UTC
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.29 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
started with

    emacs -Q -D

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@rattlesnake.com                         bob@gnu.org

* Face remapping on mouse menu
@ 2008-06-12  5:26 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-06-12  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Currently, shift-down-mouse-1 pops up a menu that lets the user choose a
different font to apply to the current frame.

This doesn't seem like a very useful operation for a mouse binding.
Also, the choices aren't very suitable when fontconfig is in use; the
menu consists of a pre-generated list of non-fontconfig fonts
(x-fixed-font-alist) plus whichever fontconfig fonts happen to be loaded
(generate-fontset-menu).

Now that the face-remapping code has been checked in, I'd suggest
changing this menu to a "buffer faces" menu.  It should contain a few
items that remap the `default' face in the current buffer: an item to
increase the face size, an item to decrease the face size, and an item
to change the face font.  When fontconfig is available, the latter can
use x-popup-dialog to pop up the GTK font selector, instead of relying
on x-fixed-font-alist.

WDYT?