* adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-28 20:08 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2006-10-28 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs developers

I was hoping to add a new file (lisp/calendar/cal-html.el) to the CVS
before the release. RMS okayed it this week, but that was before the
pretest. Have I missed the boat, or is it still ok to install it now?
I have all the other necessary changes (manual etc) ready.

TIA.

* Re: adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-28 20:22 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-10-28 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Chong Yidong, Emacs developers

Glenn Morris wrote:
> I was hoping to add a new file (lisp/calendar/cal-html.el) to the CVS
> before the release. RMS okayed it this week, but that was before the
> pretest. Have I missed the boat, or is it still ok to install it now?
> I have all the other necessary changes (manual etc) ready.
>
> TIA.

I am in the same boat. In my case it probably will not disturb anything
(if it is added correctly to the CVS) since it is a new version of the
tutorial.

I would appreciate if someone could help me adding this to the CVS.

* Re: adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-28 21:04 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-10-28 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs developers

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> I was hoping to add a new file (lisp/calendar/cal-html.el) to the CVS
> before the release. RMS okayed it this week, but that was before the
> pretest. Have I missed the boat, or is it still ok to install it now?
> I have all the other necessary changes (manual etc) ready.

If RMS okayed it, go ahead and check it in.  There aren't any
particular problems with adding new files (beyond ordinary feature
freeze considerations), since the pretest tarballs will be generated
from CVS.

* Re: adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-28 22:05   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2006-10-28 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs developers

Chong Yidong wrote:

> If RMS okayed it, go ahead and check it in.

Thanks, installed. I also updated: etc/NEWS, man/ack.texi, and AUTHORS
with the appropriate entries. If I forgot to do anything, please let
me know.

* Re: adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-28 23:02   ` Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2006-10-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Like others, I am hoping to update a file, in this case the
Introduction to Emacs Lisp.

My updating is taking longer than I expected because more `simple'
functions changed than I had thought.  I hope to finish in a few days.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@rattlesnake.com                         bob@gnu.org

* Re: adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-30 13:32     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-10-30 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    My updating is taking longer than I expected because more `simple'
    functions changed than I had thought.  I hope to finish in a few days.

Could you please check in your changes day by day?
Please don't wait until you have finished the whole job
to check them in.

* Re: adding new file to CVS at this stage
@ 2006-10-30 22:29       ` Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2006-10-30 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Could you please check in your changes day by day?

My earlier changes produced text that is unreadable; but I have
finally produced a clean copy.  I have checked that in.  It needs
checking.  It builds fine for Info and TeX.  Please look at it.  In
theory, the book has now been revised.  However, I made many more
changes than I expected -- as I said, more `simple' functions changed
than I had thought.

I am going to do even more tomorrow.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@rattlesnake.com                         bob@gnu.org

* Spurious info files in CVS
@ 2006-10-31 18:19     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2006-10-31 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

The compiled Info files eintr eintr-1 eintr-2, and eintr-3 were just
added to CVS.  This can't be right; Info files are automatically
regenerated from the Texinfo sources during `make info', and aren't
included in CVS.

* Re: Spurious info files in CVS
@ 2006-10-31 21:52       ` Robert J. Chassell
From: Robert J. Chassell @ 2006-10-31 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   The compiled Info files eintr eintr-1 eintr-2, and eintr-3 were just
   added to CVS.  This can't be right ...

My mistake.  I've removed them.

    ... Info files are automatically regenerated from the Texinfo sources
    during `make info' ...

That is right.  That's what I did but I forgot.