TEC writes: > Stefan Monnier writes: > >>> - Tried to execute a command interactively (forget which command) >>> + Typed M-x >>> + Wait, this is just a text box >>> + I don't know commands off by heart! >>> + I want to be able to type key terms and see options! >> >> How much of this would be satisfied by icomplete-mode together with the >> `substring` completion-style (which would be a smaller change to >> the UI than something like helm-M-x or counsel-M-x). > > I'm frankly not sure. Just trying icomplete now for the first time the > horizontal display of options seems a bit odd to my sensibilities. FWIW and for those that might not know, this is how counsel-M-x looks for me: