[emacs-devel in Cc: because I think the included patch should be applied on the CVS trunk.] Len Trigg writes: > Many years ago I chose XEmacs, mainly becuase (at the time) it was the > only one that supported font-lock in a tty and multiple tty > connections to the one server. A few months ago I switched over to > FSF Emacs-multi-tty and so far it's been going pretty well. One > difference that has been niggling me is that XEmacs used to keep the > recently-used buffer listing on a per-tty/frame basis, whereas > Emacs-multi-tty seems to just have a global list. I have good news! Emacs has per-frame buffer-lists as well: see . > For example, I typically have separate emacs tty's for my mail client, > for calendar/diary, and for my coding. In XEmacs, list-buffers called > from the coding tty would list all the code-related buffers at the > top, whereas in multi-tty emacs, I get a mixture of buffers from all > three ttys. It's obvious that the XEmacs way is preferrable. Is > there any chance of this feature being implemented in the multi-tty > patch? (or is it even something that applies to the main Emacs > branch?) `list-buffers' (C-x C-b) does not use the frame-local buffer-list, but rather the global one. This seems like a bug in the CVS trunk, easily fixed by a one-line patch: