From: Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Would you like to work on improving Emacs full time?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 09:41:01 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

William Gardella <gardellawg <at> gmail.com> writes:

> While plotting this scheme and looking at the existing content on the
> Wiki, I was reminded of http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WishList and
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryWishList.  Some of the stuff here
> is quite old and already tackled by Emacs, while some is now under
> development thanks to the concurrency branch etc.  But sometime in the
> next day or two I'll add a page somewhere in there soliciting sponsors
> and developers for this crowdfunding scheme.

Having an updated wishlist would be very useful. Maybe outstanding wishes
which are good candidates for crowdfunding should be indicated somehow.

Good candidates are those features which are not likely to happen with
volunteer developers (too much time, tinkering is needed) or they
take a very long time to implement if one only works on them in
one's free time.