* trunk version number
@ 2007-08-20  7:42 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-20  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

I've just noticed that the trunk still describes itself as Emacs
22.1.50, same as the release branch. Shouldn't the trunk be bumped to
23.0.50? For some reason, I thought this had already happened... I
think the trunk and release branch differ enough to need different
version numbers. I realize the unicode-2 branch has some existing 23.x
number.

* Re: trunk version number
@ 2007-08-20 10:20 ` Ulrich Mueller
       [not found] ` <k7lkbwk7zd.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Ulrich Mueller @ 2007-08-20 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I've just noticed that the trunk still describes itself as Emacs
> 22.1.50, same as the release branch. Shouldn't the trunk be bumped
> to 23.0.50? For some reason, I thought this had already happened...

We had this discussion in June already, see
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-06/msg00220.html>
where RMS suggested 22.50 for the trunk.

> I think the trunk and release branch differ enough to need different
> version numbers. I realize the unicode-2 branch has some existing
> 23.x number.

unicode-2 has 23.0.0, multi-tty has 23.0.51.

Ulrich

* trunk version number
@ 2007-08-20 13:30 ` T. V. Raman
       [not found] ` <k7lkbwk7zd.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: T. V. Raman @ 2007-08-20 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: rgm; +Cc: emacs-devel

I asked this a couple of weeks ago and got ignored -- glad
someone else noticed it.

    GM> I've just noticed that the trunk still describes itself
    GM> as Emacs 22.1.50, same as the release branch. Shouldn't
    GM> the trunk be bumped to 23.0.50? For some reason, I
    GM> thought this had already happened... I think the trunk
    GM> and release branch differ enough to need different
    GM> version numbers. I realize the unicode-2 branch has some
    GM> existing 23.x number.

Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

* Re: trunk version number
@ 2007-08-20 19:27   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-20 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Ulrich Mueller; +Cc: emacs-devel

Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> We had this discussion in June already, see
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-06/msg00220.html>

Thanks, I had a feeling it was somewhere but could not find it.

> where RMS suggested 22.50 for the trunk.

Surely that must be a typo?!

* Re: trunk version number
       [not found] ` <k7lkbwk7zd.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2007-08-29  8:15   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-29  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
>> I've just noticed that the trunk still describes itself as Emacs
>> 22.1.50, same as the release branch. Shouldn't the trunk be bumped to
>> 23.0.50?
>
> I think soon I will take silence to mean assent and do this.

The merger of multi-tty seemed a propitious time.

* Re: trunk version number
@ 2007-08-30 15:39     ` Ulrich Mueller
From: Ulrich Mueller @ 2007-08-30 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> I've just noticed that the trunk still describes itself as Emacs
>>> 22.1.50, same as the release branch. Shouldn't the trunk be bumped
>>> to 23.0.50?

>> I think soon I will take silence to mean assent and do this.

> The merger of multi-tty seemed a propitious time.

Wouldn't it be advisable to change also the version number for the
EMACS_22_BASE branch, to 22.1.51 for example?

Otherwise there is still an ambiguity between "old trunk" and "current
base branch" (e.g., in bug reports for version 22.1.50).

Ulrich

* Trunk version number
@ 2009-06-22 18:29 Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2009-06-22 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Am I correct when I use `23.2` for :version keyword of new customization
options I introduce in my code which will be eventually commited to the
current trunk?
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: Trunk version number
@ 2009-06-22 18:41 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-06-22 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Dmitry Dzhus; +Cc: emacs-devel

Dmitry Dzhus <dima@sphinx.net.ru> writes:

> Am I correct when I use `23.2` for :version keyword of new customization
> options I introduce in my code which will be eventually commited to the
> current trunk?

Yes.