* Make configure warn CVS repo is dead?
@ 2010-01-07 17:51 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-01-07 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

When the emacs-unicode-2 branch was abandoned, a warning was added to
configure on that branch to help people know they should switch to the
trunk:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/configure?root=emacs&r1=1.119.2.68&r2=1.119.2.69&pathrev=emacs-unicode-2

It might be an idea to add something similar to configure in the CVS
repository, telling people to use bzr now, since I doubt anyone is
going to maintain a CVS mirror of the bzr repo.

Of course, it's not easy to do this since CVS is read-only now.

* Re: Make configure warn CVS repo is dead?
@ 2010-01-09  0:20 ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2010-01-09  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> I doubt anyone is
> going to maintain a CVS mirror of the bzr repo.

It'd be a smaller download, even if it wasn't writable and didn't have
history logs.  But is there another vcs mirror already with that?

(The EmacsFromCVS on the wiki could be updated according to whatever is
now true or recommended ...)

* Re: Make configure warn CVS repo is dead?
@ 2010-01-09 17:39   ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2010-01-09 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Ryde; +Cc: emacs-devel

Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> writes:
>Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
>>
>> I doubt anyone is
>> going to maintain a CVS mirror of the bzr repo.
>
>It'd be a smaller download, even if it wasn't writable and didn't have
>history logs.  But is there another vcs mirror already with that?
>
>(The EmacsFromCVS on the wiki could be updated according to whatever is
>now true or recommended ...)

Done.