* cperl + isearch + font-lock-multiline sometimes very slow
@ 2006-10-19  6:21 Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2006-10-19  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since approx. last week isearch slows sometimes down to crawling speed in
cperl files. Looking at top I see that emacs then needs around 30% CPU and
when I stop isearch, for the next minute emacs eats up even more CPU before
going back to normal behavior.
This behavior disappeared when I turned off font-lock. Therefore I checked
my font-lock settings and found out that setting font-lock-multiline to nil
also helped. So I'm guessing it has something to do with font-lock or
jit-lock. How should I proceed now to investigate this further?

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
One Page Principle:  A specification that will not fit on one
page of 8.5x11 inch paper cannot be understood. -- Mark Ardis