* Re: [elpa] master b6ac53b: * packages/math-symbol-lists/msl-build.el: Add copyright and license
       [not found] ` <20190507123146.5DF3B20407@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2019-05-07 14:10   ` Vitalie Spinu
From: Vitalie Spinu @ 2019-05-07 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Stefan Monnier

Thanks! That file contains just dirty manual hacks to parse the symbol lists
from various sources. It's not intended to be loaded or used by other libraries.

I think the packager might get confused and think of it as a multi-file
package. What would be the recommended way to put it off the load path? Just
store in a sub-dir?

Thanks,

  Vitalie

@ 2019-05-07 15:13     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2019-05-07 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitalie Spinu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Thanks! That file contains just dirty manual hacks to parse the symbol
> lists from various sources.  It's not intended to be loaded or used by
> other libraries.

That's what I figured, yes.
But since it's in `load-path` Emacs might still load it unexpectedly.

This said, I found that placing such "random code" within a dummy
(defun ...) wrapper solves this problem in a trivial way without any
significant downside (I actually found it to be helpful because the
defun's name helps me describe what this is about and often enough
I later discover that I actually did want a defun for that anyway ;-)

> I think the packager might get confused and think of it as a multi-file
> package.

Indeed, it will.

> What would be the recommended way to put it off the load path?
> Just store in a sub-dir?

You could do that, or you could keep it out of the tarball via
`.elpaignore`, but based on what you just said, maybe you just want to
add:

    ;; Package-Type: simple

to the header of math-symbol-lists.el?