* "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09  8:10 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-09  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/

lists the "development status" of Emacs as "0 - Undefined".

Please can any of the project admins set this to an actual value ("6 -
Mature", I think). Otherwise I will ask savannah admin to do it.
Thanks.

* RE: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09  8:14 ` Herbert Euler
From: Herbert Euler @ 2007-08-09  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rgm, emacs-devel

>http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/

And the license is also out of date.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

* Re: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09 12:21   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-08-09 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Euler; +Cc: rgm, emacs-devel

Herbert Euler wrote:
>> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/
>
> And the license is also out of date.

And I still miss description of the CVS branches.

* Re: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09 15:43 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-08-09 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> lists the "development status" of Emacs as "0 - Undefined".

> Please can any of the project admins set this to an actual value ("6 -
> Mature", I think). Otherwise I will ask savannah admin to do it.

Done.  License changed to GPLv3 as well.

For the info about branches, I'm not sure how/where to put that info.
I think that we need to extend the savannah interface for that because the
best place to put it is in the "Development tools" section, but there's no
way for me to add any info in there.

* Re: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09 16:55   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-08-09 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Please can any of the project admins set this to an actual value ("6 -
>> Mature", I think). Otherwise I will ask savannah admin to do it.
>
> Done.  License changed to GPLv3 as well.

Thanks. Actually, rms said (off-list) to keep the license as v2 or
later till 22.2 was released. I should have mentioned this, sorry.

* Re: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09 23:11     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-09 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: rgm, herberteuler, emacs-devel

    And I still miss description of the CVS branches.

There is no need for that, because the branches are only for
development.

The most important ones (multi-tty and unicode-2) ought to be obsolete
soon.

* Re: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-09 23:13       ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-08-09 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: rgm, herberteuler, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     And I still miss description of the CVS branches.
>
> There is no need for that, because the branches are only for
> development.

And the reason?

> The most important ones (multi-tty and unicode-2) ought to be obsolete
> soon.

I would suggest putting that info in the description too.

* Re: "development status" on Savannah page
@ 2007-08-10 19:40   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-10 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: rgm, emacs-devel

    > Please can any of the project admins set this to an actual value ("6 -
    > Mature", I think). Otherwise I will ask savannah admin to do it.

    Done.  License changed to GPLv3 as well.

I guess it is correct to change that in Savannah, since it is about
the repository itself.  Please forget what I said earlier about that.

From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-10 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: monnier, emacs-devel

    Thanks. Actually, rms said (off-list) to keep the license as v2 or
    later till 22.2 was released. I should have mentioned this, sorry.

I changed my mind when I realized that this relates to the license
in the repository rather than to the license in the release.
Changing it to say GPLv3 was the right thing.