* Package Menu - Unintuitive Keybinding?
@ 2010-10-31 22:23 Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2010-10-31 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

My muscle memory says that 'g' always refreshes (possibly learnt from vc
mode, ibuffer mode and may be other modes).

Unfortunately in Package Menu Mode it is bound to revert-buffer and it
*doesn't* refresh the menu. For example, if I update 'package-archives'
with a new repo, archive-contents of the newly added repo doesn't get
offered.

'r' works as expected though.

May be 'g' should do what 'r' is right now doing?

Btw, what could revert-buffer possibly mean in package menu?

,----
| Package Menu mode:
| Major mode for browsing a list of packages.
| Letters do not insert themselves; instead, they are commands.
|
| key             binding
| ---             -------
|
| TAB		forward-button
| RET		package-menu-describe-package
| ESC		Prefix Command
| ?		package-menu-describe-package
| d		package-menu-mark-delete
| g		revert-buffer
| h		package-menu-quick-help
| i		package-menu-mark-install
| n		next-line
| p		previous-line
| q		quit-window
| r		package-menu-refresh
| u		package-menu-mark-unmark
| x		package-menu-execute
| ~		package-menu-mark-obsolete-for-deletion
| DEL		package-menu-backup-unmark
| <backtab>	backward-button
| <follow-link>	mouse-face
| <mouse-2>	mouse-select-window
|
| M-TAB		backward-button
`----

Jambunathan K.

* Re: Package Menu - Unintuitive Keybinding?
@ 2010-11-01  1:31 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2010-11-01  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-devel

> May be 'g' should do what 'r' is right now doing?

Indeed.

> Btw, what could revert-buffer possibly mean in package menu?

revert-buffer means "refresh".