* Two problems with M-x cvs-examine
@ 2004-09-20 19:25 Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2004-09-20 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have noticed a few problems with pcl-cvs lately:

1) cvs-examine fails:

I have this in ~/.cvsrc:

  cvs -z6

When I run cvs-examine on emacs repository, I get this result:

Repository : xxxxxxxxxxxx@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs
Module     : emacs
Working dir: ~/gnu/emacs/

Message: cvs [update aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error
Message: cvs update: inflate: unknown compression method

The command run is:

-- Running cvs -f -z6 -n update -d -P ...

Running cvs-update in the same directory works ok; the command run is

-- Running cvs -f -z6 update -d -P ...

Maybe -z6 -n is interpreted as one argument like -z"6 -n" ??

2) cvs-examine complains about -l option:

If I remove that line from ~/.cvsrc (so it is empty), and runs
cvs-examine, it completes, but this message is shown:

In directory .:
Message: cvs server: WARNING: global `-l' option ignored.

The command run is:

-- Running cvs -f -n update -d -P ...

* Re: Two problems with M-x cvs-examine
@ 2004-09-20 20:06 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-09-20 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> I have noticed a few problems with pcl-cvs lately:

I think you mean CVS.  AFAIK these problems are unrelated tothe PCL- part.
And yes, I see the "unknown compression method" thingy as well.
I guess it should be reported to savannah-hackers (or is there
a subversions-hackers?).

* Re: Two problems with M-x cvs-examine
@ 2004-10-12 21:52   ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2004-10-12 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>> I have noticed a few problems with pcl-cvs lately:
>
> I think you mean CVS.  AFAIK these problems are unrelated tothe PCL- part.
> And yes, I see the "unknown compression method" thingy as well.
> I guess it should be reported to savannah-hackers (or is there
> a subversions-hackers?).

Updating my local cvs to 1.11.17 solved the problem.