* [ELPA] New package: topspace
@ 2022-05-13 19:44 Trevor Pogue
From: Trevor Pogue @ 2022-05-13 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

TopSpace: Scroll down & recenter top lines / get upper margins/padding.

TopSpace allows you to scroll down and recenter top lines
by automatically drawing an upper margin/padding above the top line
as you scroll down or recenter top text.

Features:

- Easier on the eyes: Recenter or scroll down top text to a more
  comfortable eye level for reading, especially when in full-screen
  or on a large monitor.

- Easy to use: No new keybindings are required, keep using all
  your previous scrolling & recentering commands, except now you
  can also scroll above the top lines.  It also integrates
  seamlessly with modes like `centered-cursor-mode' (without
  depending on them) to keep the cursor centered all the way
  to the top line.

GitHub repository: https://github.com/trevorpogue/topspace

Paperwork: I still have to sign the FSF paperwork, could someone kindly
send me the assignment form & instructions? I live in Canada FYI.

Thank you,
Trevor Pogue

* Re: [ELPA] New package: topspace
@ 2022-05-13 20:22 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-05-13 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Pogue; +Cc: emacs-devel

> GitHub repository: https://github.com/trevorpogue/topspace

Thanks.

> Paperwork: I still have to sign the FSF paperwork, could someone kindly
> send me the assignment form & instructions? I live in Canada FYI.

Here it is.

        Stefan

Please email the following information to assign@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

* Re: [ELPA] New package: topspace
@ 2022-07-04 12:51   ` Trevor Pogue
From: Trevor Pogue @ 2022-07-04 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

I have sent in my signed paperwork a couple of weeks ago.
Is someone able to add the topspace repo to elpa now since I don't have
push access? Also, how does one get push access?
Thanks

@ 2022-07-04 13:30     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-07-04 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Pogue; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I have sent in my signed paperwork a couple of weeks ago.

Great, thanks.
For some reason I still can't see your name in the FSF's database.
Did the copyright clerk reply to you to confirm that all's well and done?

* Re: [ELPA] New package: topspace
@ 2022-07-04 13:46       ` Trevor Pogue
From: Trevor Pogue @ 2022-07-04 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

No, good point, I didn't get a reply back from the copyright clerk. I guess
I will keep waiting and reply back here when I do.

@ 2022-07-04 14:12         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-07-04 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Pogue; +Cc: emacs-devel

Trevor Pogue [2022-07-04 09:46:37] wrote:
> No, good point, I didn't get a reply back from the copyright clerk.

Hmmm... you sent it a couple weeks ago but still haven't received any reply?
Maybe it's time to send them a reminder to try and find out what's
going on (feel free to put me in Cc when you do).