* Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26  0:07 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2011-10-26  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

,----------------------------------------------------------------------
| We can accept small changes (roughly, fewer than 15 lines) without
| legal papers.  Anything more substantial requires a copyright
| disclaimer or assignment (the latter is preferred, especially for
| larger changes).  Both of these involved filling out a short form and
| filing it with the FSF.  The process is straightforward -- contact us
| at emacs-devel@gnu.org to obtain the relevant forms.
`----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sirs,
Please send me the forms, I'm going to add a library to org-mode.
cheers
--
Thorsten Jolitz

* Re: Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26  6:09 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-10-26  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-devel

Dear Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> Please send me the forms, I'm going to add a library to org-mode.

Please discuss possible contributions to org-mode on the dedicated
mailing list: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

 Bastien

* Re: Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26  7:36   ` Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2011-10-26  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Dear Bastien,

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Please send me the forms, I'm going to add a library to org-mode.
>
> Please discuss possible contributions to org-mode on the dedicated
> mailing list: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

I did last night, announcing the new ob-picolisp.el.

Actually, I followed the instructions to obtain the FSF forms I found on
the Emacs website (cited in my first mail). I did not want to post to a
news group, but rather send a private mail to the FSF office, asking for
the assignment forms.

Maybe you should change that instructions? Why discuss this stuff in
public?

Will they send me the forms now, or do I have to take more action?
Cheers
--
Thorsten

* Re: Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26 13:48 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-10-26 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've sent him the forms.

        Stefan

> ,----------------------------------------------------------------------
> | We can accept small changes (roughly, fewer than 15 lines) without
> | legal papers.  Anything more substantial requires a copyright
> | disclaimer or assignment (the latter is preferred, especially for
> | larger changes).  Both of these involved filling out a short form and
> | filing it with the FSF.  The process is straightforward -- contact us
> | at emacs-devel@gnu.org to obtain the relevant forms.
> `----------------------------------------------------------------------

> Dear Sirs,
> Please send me the forms, I'm going to add a library to org-mode.
> cheers
> --
> Thorsten Jolitz

* Re: Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26 15:21     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-10-26 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for your answer,

Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:

>> Please discuss possible contributions to org-mode on the dedicated
>> mailing list: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
>
> I did last night, announcing the new ob-picolisp.el.

Oh, sorry I missed that.   I wasn't sure you were the same Thorsten.

> Actually, I followed the instructions to obtain the FSF forms I found on
> the Emacs website (cited in my first mail). I did not want to post to a
> news group, but rather send a private mail to the FSF office, asking for
> the assignment forms.

I will send you the assignment form in a private email.

> Maybe you should change that instructions? Why discuss this stuff in
> public?

I cannot change anything on the Emacs website, please ask the GNU
webmasters.

> Will they send me the forms now, or do I have to take more action?

You can fill the form I will send you and wait for the FSF Copyright
Clerk to process this.  Remember the clerk is alone in this job, so
please be patient.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26 16:48       ` Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2011-10-26 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Hi Bastien, Hi Stefan,
I did not want to cause so much confusion with my (supposedly private)
mail to the FSF. It all done now, thanks for your help.

cheers
--
Thorsten

* Re: Forms for assignment
@ 2011-10-26 17:21         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-10-26 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I did not want to cause so much confusion with my (supposedly private)
> mail to the FSF. It all done now, thanks for your help.

No problem at all, we're always happy to see more people contribute,