* Participate in Emacs development
@ 2011-01-01 15:58 lxsameer
From: lxsameer @ 2011-01-01 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would love to to work on Emacs, currently i'm working on a elisp
program that add some IDE like feature to emacs like project management
and other stuff, i'm not satisfied with EDE or CEDET, so i started my
own.

let me know if there were jobs for me todo.

thanks a lot

* Re: Participate in Emacs development
@ 2011-01-01 19:28 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-01-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lxsameer; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM, lxsameer <lxsameer@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would love to to work on Emacs, currently i'm working on a elisp
> program that add some IDE like feature to emacs like project management
> and other stuff, i'm not satisfied with EDE or CEDET, so i started my
> own.
>
> let me know if there were jobs for me todo.

Hi lxsameer, how nice you want to contribute!

Why not take a closer look at CEDET which is supposed to be the
primary interface for those things you are trying to enhance? Rather
than writing a new similar interface which may create extra burden
both on users and maintainers I would think it would be much better to
try to enhance CEDET the way you want it.

BTW, there is a separate list for CEDET development. You might want to
ask there. I think you might get some surprises because I suspect
CEDET is much more flexible than you think at the moment.

* Re: Participate in Emacs development
@ 2011-01-01 20:47 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2011-01-01 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lxsameer; +Cc: emacs-devel

lxsameer <lxsameer@gnu.org> writes:

[snip]

> let me know if there were jobs for me todo.

The file etc/TODO on the emacs sources has what you want.

* Re: Participate in Emacs development
@ 2011-01-01 20:49   ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2011-01-01 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lxsameer; +Cc: emacs-devel

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> lxsameer <lxsameer@gnu.org> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> let me know if there were jobs for me todo.
>
> The file etc/TODO on the emacs sources has what you want.

Oh, and the bug database has enough stuff to keep you busy for a long
time:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/ix/full.html

* Re: Participate in Emacs development
@ 2011-01-02  1:51 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-01-02  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lxsameer; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I would love to to work on Emacs, currently i'm working on a elisp
> program that add some IDE like feature to Emacs like project
> management and other stuff, i'm not satisfied with EDE or CEDET, so
> I started my own.

It'd be good to thoroughly document the reasons for your
dissatisfaction, to help someone who may want to combine the best of
both worlds, or anyone who wants to choose between those
different alternatives.
It will also be a form of documentation of your approach (and of
EDE/CEDET's at the same time).

> let me know if there were jobs for me todo.

As mentioned, etc/TODO has some ideas, as does the bug database.

* Re: Participate in Emacs development
@ 2011-01-02  4:53   ` lxsameer
From: lxsameer @ 2011-01-02  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Óscar Fuentes; +Cc: emacs-devel