* VC / Git: amend function / mark for add / timing
@ 2009-10-12  0:30 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2009-10-12  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions; +Cc: julliard, spiegel

It would be nice if VC provided a function to add the "--amend"
argument to "git commit" so that the last commit is amended.  This is
useful when one forgets to check in file, especially after using C-x v
v to commit a single file.   The logical binding I thought of at first
was C-u C-x v v, but that seems to do something else.

Also, it's not obvious at all from the menu how to mark the file in
the current buffer for addition, i.e. do a "git add".  Is this
possible at all?

Finally, it takes several seconds when I open a file that's under git
version control.  What can we do about this?  I think I complained
about it at some point, and we didn't find a solution.   I'd rather
have VC functions blocked until the file status is obtained
(asynchronically) rather than having to wait before I can do any
viewing/editing on the file.  (But this particular solution would
require a number of changes.)

Many thanks for improving vc-git!