Hi Eric, I'd like to install something like the patch below into Emacs's master. What it does (along with various other side changes) is shorten the object header from 3 fields (the constant `object', the class name, and an object "name" field) to just one (an interned symbol with an "eieio-" prefix, referring to the class object). Among the side things it does, I'd mention: - add "eieio--" prefixes to a few more entities. - use hashtables rather than obarrays. - use closures instead of backquoted lambdas. - use call-next-method in the various definitions of `clone'. - redirect defmethods when called on an alias. - use class objects (vectors) rather than class names (symbols) at more places. Any objection? Stefan