* cursor-intangible and rear-nonsticky t
@ 2021-04-05 15:26 JD Smith
From: JD Smith @ 2021-04-05 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Stefan Monnier

I’m trying to make a bit of leading text (the ` …: ` continued block prompt in python shell) skippable, so that cursor navigation passes right by without entering it.  I used 'intangible at first and it works well.  Noticing Stefan’s concerns about 'intangible, I tried to switch to 'cursor-intangible with `cursor-intangible-mode' enabled.  But I encountered some strange issues:

If '(rear-nonsticky t) is among the text properties, the `pre-redisplay-functions' do not apparently get called, and so 'cursor-intangible fails to function.
On MacOS ports, enabling `cursor-intangible-mode' causes the frame to aggressively regrab focus and re-raise when it loses focus.  This makes it unusable.

I expect the latter is a bug, but perhaps the former is expected? Thanks.