* something broken recently with fill-paragraph
@ 2006-07-08 19:01 Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2006-07-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Prior to a few days ago, when I used fill-paragraph on something like:

        some text

        some more text that is longer than a line blah longer than a line blah longer than a line blahlonger than a line blah longer than a line blah

when I was sitting within "some more text", it did the right thing,
reformatting that as:

        some text

        some more text that is longer than a line blah longer than a line blah
        longer than a line blahlonger than a line blah longer than a line blah

In fact, I just used fill-paragraph to do that (using the emacs on my server
machine).  However, in the CVS HEAD (on my laptop), that comes out as:

        some text
 some more text that is longer than a line blah longer than a line
        blah longer than a line blahlonger than a line blah longer
        than a line blah

Ugh ugh.  Broken.  Someone please look at recent changes that might
affect fill-paragraph?  Thanks.

* Re: something broken recently with fill-paragraph
@ 2006-07-09  5:21 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2006-07-09  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Prior to a few days ago, when I used fill-paragraph on something like:

>         some text

>         some more text that is longer than a line blah longer than a line blah longer than a line blahlonger than a line blah longer than a line blah

> when I was sitting within "some more text", it did the right thing,
> reformatting that as:

>         some text

>         some more text that is longer than a line blah longer than a line blah
>         longer than a line blahlonger than a line blah longer than a line blah

> In fact, I just used fill-paragraph to do that (using the emacs on my server
> machine).  However, in the CVS HEAD (on my laptop), that comes out as:

>         some text
>  some more text that is longer than a line blah longer than a line
>         blah longer than a line blahlonger than a line blah longer
>         than a line blah

> Ugh ugh.  Broken.  Someone please look at recent changes that might
> affect fill-paragraph?  Thanks.

Thanks, should be fixed now,