* [Q] Reading init file
@ 2008-03-09  1:00 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-03-09  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I am trying to find out where is located all the code relative to
user-init-file loading. Which file(s) should I read to have clues
on how things work at startup ?

Regards,

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: [Q] Reading init file
@ 2008-03-09  1:58 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-09  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-devel

Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find out where is located all the code relative to
> user-init-file loading. Which file(s) should I read to have clues
> on how things work at startup ?

One way to get started is to use rgrep searching for user-init-file.

But otherwise start looking in startup.el.

* Re: [Q] Reading init file
@ 2008-03-09  2:42 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-03-09  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I am trying to find out where is located all the code relative to
> user-init-file loading. Which file(s) should I read to have clues
> on how things work at startup ?

lisp/startup.el

* Re: [Q] Reading init file
@ 2008-03-11  1:00   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-03-11  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs-devel

   But otherwise start looking in startup.el.

I know startup.el *but* I was thinking of an eventual C part too.
I thought there were initialisation code written in C (?).

Regards,

	Xavier

From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-03-11  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

   > I am trying to find out where is located all the code relative to
   > user-init-file loading. Which file(s) should I read to have clues
   > on how things work at startup ?

   lisp/startup.el

As told in another post, I am trying to find something in the C
source code. Is there something related to this ? I may mix
things up then.

Sorry for the noise.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: [Q] Reading init file
@ 2008-03-11  1:52     ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-03-11  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

>    > I am trying to find out where is located all the code relative to
>    > user-init-file loading. Which file(s) should I read to have clues
>    > on how things work at startup ?
>
>    lisp/startup.el
>
> As told in another post, I am trying to find something in the C
> source code. Is there something related to this ? I may mix
> things up then.

C-h v user-init-file RET should tell you about the location: src/lread.c

--
Bastien