* Working with one buffer in two frames/windows
@ 2008-07-11 10:55 David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2008-07-11 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

it is annoyingly impossible to keep working with two views of the same
buffer.  For example, say that I have a file text.tex open in two frames
since I want to work on two different locations of it via
comparison/cut&paste/whatever.

Now I type M-x gnus RET, read news and quit again.  As a consequence, a
totally unrelated buffer pops up.  And of course, when I get back the
buffer again (which is not the default offered), the window point is
lost and replaced by that of the other frame that is still on.

That is quite a nuisance.  Are there some ways to make a two-view setup
less ephemeral?

--
David Kastrup