* Re: Changes to emacs/src/xfaces.c,v
       [not found] <E1JTH20-0001st-1t@cvs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-26  8:32 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-02-26  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Emacs developers

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> -    int next_overlay;
> +    EMACS_INT next_overlay;

I'm very ignorant of these matters, but is that change (and the
similar one in xdisp.c:next_overlay_change) correct?

The 5th arg of overlays_at is int, not EMACS_INT. Now I get this
warning when compiling:

  xfaces.c:8154: warning: passing argument 5 of 'overlays_at' from
  incompatible pointer type

Perhaps you meant to make the first argument `pos' an EMACS_INT, as
the ChangeLog suggests?

* Re: Changes to emacs/src/xfaces.c,v
@ 2008-02-26 21:17   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-02-26 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs developers

>> -    int next_overlay;
>> +    EMACS_INT next_overlay;

> I'm very ignorant of these matters, but is that change (and the
> similar one in xdisp.c:next_overlay_change) correct?

Yes.  This is necessary for >4GB buffers on 64bit systems (except for
those 64bit systems where `int' is 64bit).

> The 5th arg of overlays_at is int, not EMACS_INT. Now I get this
> warning when compiling:

>   xfaces.c:8154: warning: passing argument 5 of 'overlays_at' from
>   incompatible pointer type

Fixed, thanks,