* Useless vc-dir output
@ 2008-04-16 23:16 Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2008-04-16 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

How can I get rid of the useless unregistered directories that don't
exist any more?

Andreas.

* Re: Useless vc-dir output
@ 2008-04-17  1:20 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-04-17  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: emacs-devel

> How can I get rid of the useless unregistered directories that don't
> exist any more?

I'm not sure I understand the exact circumstance, but `g' (i.e. refresh)
should do the job, marking them as up-to-date after which you can use
`x' to remove them.

* Re: Useless vc-dir output
@ 2008-04-17  8:28   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2008-04-17  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> How can I get rid of the useless unregistered directories that don't
>> exist any more?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the exact circumstance, but `g' (i.e. refresh)

Why refresh?  Nothing has changed.

> should do the job, marking them as up-to-date after which you can use
> `x' to remove them.

That does not do anything.

Andreas.

* Re: Useless vc-dir output
@ 2008-04-18  0:57     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-04-18  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> How can I get rid of the useless unregistered directories that don't
>>> exist any more?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand the exact circumstance, but `g' (i.e. refresh)

> Why refresh?  Nothing has changed.

Then, I don't understand: you say they are `unregistered' but they don't
exist any more.  How do you do that without changing?  IIUC you can only
reach this state if the dirs first exist, then you get a vc-dir buffer,
then you delete the dirs.

* Re: Useless vc-dir output
@ 2008-04-18 11:05       ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2008-04-18 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> I'm not sure I understand the exact circumstance, but `g' (i.e. refresh)
>
>> Why refresh?  Nothing has changed.
>
> Then, I don't understand: you say they are `unregistered' but they don't
> exist any more.  How do you do that without changing?

I just run vc-dir on the Emacs repo, nothing else.  But I cannot
reproduce that any more, so it looks like it is already fixed.

Andreas.