* Re: Membership request for group emacs
       [not found] <20150121-093226.sv92706.9575@savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2015-01-21 14:56 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-01-21 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh Krehel; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Hi, I'd like to contribute https://github.com/abo-abo/hydra to GNU ELPA.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.  I'd be happy to include Hydra in GNU ELPA.

Inclusion in GNU ELPA has 2 aspects:
- legal: we follow the same copyright policy as for Emacs, so as to make it
  easy to move code between two.  So we'd need all non-trivial contributors to
  sign some paperwork.  In the case of Hydra you seem to be the only
  contributor so far and you've already signed the paperwork, so you're
  all clear.
- technical: the GNU ELPA archive is built from the `elpa.git' repository
  which hosts all the source code of all the packages, and where we may
  occasionally install patches.  We generally encourage maintainers to use
  this repository as the main development repository, so as to avoid the need
  to keep 2 repositories in sync.  If the maintainer elects to keep the main
  development elsewhere, he's expected to keep the elpa.git version uptodate.

Furthermore, there are 2 ways to install your code in elpa.git:
- as a subdirectory "packages/hydra" in the "master" branch.
- as a separate "externals/hydra" branch.
For small packages, I recommend the subdirectory option.
Check the elpa/README file for futher info.

If you have any doubt about how to perform the initial install, I can
take care of it for you.

* Re: Membership request for group emacs
@ 2015-01-21 19:18   ` Oleh
From: Oleh @ 2015-01-21 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

>> Hi, I'd like to contribute https://github.com/abo-abo/hydra to GNU ELPA.
>
> Thanks for your interest.  I'd be happy to include Hydra in GNU ELPA.

I've just pushed hydra.el to GNU ELPA. Please check if it's alright.

regards,
Oleh

* Re: Membership request for group emacs
@ 2015-01-21 20:24     ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-01-21 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh; +Cc: emacs-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org, Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

On 2015-01-21 16:18, Oleh wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Hi, I'd like to contribute https://github.com/abo-abo/hydra to GNU
>>> ELPA.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.  I'd be happy to include Hydra in GNU ELPA.
>
> I've just pushed hydra.el to GNU ELPA. Please check if it's alright.
>
> regards,
> Oleh
It's ok.

I'm installed in emacs 24.4.1.

Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: Membership request for group emacs
@ 2015-01-21 21:57     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-01-21 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I've just pushed hydra.el to GNU ELPA. Please check if it's alright.

Looks good so far, thank you,

* Re: Membership request for group emacs
@ 2015-01-22  8:18       ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2015-01-22  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel
  Cc: emacs-devel, Oleh, Stefan Monnier,
	emacs-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> writes:

> On 2015-01-21 16:18, Oleh wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Thanks for your interest.  I'd be happy to include Hydra in GNU ELPA.
>>
>> I've just pushed hydra.el to GNU ELPA. Please check if it's alright.
>>
>> regards,
>> Oleh
> It's ok.
>
> I'm installed in emacs 24.4.1.

I'll make sure to place my laptop on a solid desk before pulling next
time.

--
David Kastrup