* embedding emacs in c programs
@ 2003-08-13 15:04 betoes
From: betoes @ 2003-08-13 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I wonder if it is possible to use emacs-lisp inside a C program, just
like is done with Guile-scheme. It must have functions to translate
Emacs objects to C, and functions to interpret a single line, or
multiple lines in Elisp.

I often use guile inside my C programs, I think it is really a good
interface o programming, but... I'd rather program emacs-lisp than
scheme.

The second reason regards about emacs-buffers buffers are a very
strong concept of text processing, and it is unbeaten by anything,
including Perl!

Regards,

betoes

* Re: embedding emacs in c programs
@ 2003-08-14 12:56 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2003-08-14 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

betoes@member.fsf.org writes:

   I often use guile inside my C programs, I think it is really a good
   interface o programming, but... I'd rather program emacs-lisp than
   scheme.

   The second reason regards about emacs-buffers buffers are a very
   strong concept of text processing, and it is unbeaten by anything,
   including Perl!

if you install ttn-pers-scheme 0.32 from directory:

 http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/ttn-pers-scheme/

you may find useful as a stop-gap measure the modules expressed in files
that match "grep ttn.gap-buffer" or "grep ttn.edit".  (apologies in advance
for the lack of .info documentation -- this will be fixed shortly in 0.33.)

another idea is to run emacs as a repl server (over a network).

thi