* Latest CVS version, insert-file-contents
@ 2008-10-17  7:31 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2008-10-17  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi folks,

I have the current CVS version up and running under Vista (yes, I know, but
well ...).
I compiled it with MSVC. Previously I reported about a potential failure
because of
the ASLR feature under Vista, but the crashes I got turned out to have a
complete
different explanation. By the way, the ASLR feature is not on by default.

I have another problem to report. It seems to me that inside the
fileio.c:insert-file-contents
function, the fd file descriptor is closed twice. Something that msvcrt.dll
is not happy with.
It is closed by unwind_protect registered function at line 3232, and it is
closed by the emacs_close()
call at line 3654. Once the emacs_close() call is reached, shouldn't the
unwind_protect registered
function be cancelled ?

Thanks for enlightening me :-)

Fabrice

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-10-17  7:31 UTC | newest]