* vc broken for hg
@ 2008-04-16 12:05 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2008-04-16 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

In a hg controlled dir, I do
Tools/Version Control/Vc-status

I get this message:

Sorry, reponsible-p is not implemented in Git.

Note: I'm not using Git, the dir is hg controlled.

* Re: vc broken for hg
@ 2008-04-16 13:57 ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-04-16 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal Becker; +Cc: emacs-devel

Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> writes:

  > In a hg controlled dir, I do
  > Tools/Version Control/Vc-status
  >
  > I get this message:
  >
  > Sorry, reponsible-p is not implemented in Git.
  >
  > Note: I'm not using Git, the dir is hg controlled.

It sounds like your byte compiled files are out of sync, please
bootstrap again.

* Re: vc broken for hg
@ 2008-04-16 14:57   ` Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2008-04-16 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

> Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> writes:
>
>   > In a hg controlled dir, I do
>   > Tools/Version Control/Vc-status
>   >
>   > I get this message:
>   >
>   > Sorry, reponsible-p is not implemented in Git.
>   >
>   > Note: I'm not using Git, the dir is hg controlled.
>
> It sounds like your byte compiled files are out of sync, please
> bootstrap again.

Good catch!

I had old files from the 'dvc' package in site-lisp.

* Re: vc broken for hg
@ 2008-04-16 21:41     ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2008-04-16 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal Becker; +Cc: emacs-devel

Neal Becker writes:

 > Good catch!
 >
 > I had old files from the 'dvc' package in site-lisp.

In XEmacs, if you use M-x report-xemacs-bug it will give you a list of
shadowed libraries.  If Emacs doesn't have a `list-load-path-shadows'
function and use it in the bug reported, maybe it should?