Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Eric Lilja >> Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:01:33 +0100 >> >>> If the above does not help, please post here the full transcript of >>> "configure --enable-font-backend" and "make bootstrap". This problem >>> should have been solved since yesterday. >> I will post again with them attached as text files. Do you have any tips >> on how I should get the output into text files in the best possible way? >> Just use > or something else? > > Yes, but with a twist: > > configure --enable-font-backend 2>&1 | tee session.log > make bootstrap 2>&1 | tee -a session.log > > This has the advantage of showing you the output and at the same time > logging it to the file session.log. You will need a port of `tee' (I > use the one from the ported Coreutils available on the GnuWin32 site). > The "2>&1" construct assumes you have Windows 2000 or later; it will > not work in Windows 9x, I think. > > > Here's the full session log performed on fresh cvs checkout (old files removed first). Hope attaching it works (posting through gmane, it's rather big), I can host it if it doesn't work. A side question you might be able to answer: I put this in my build script (a bash script) after make bootstrap: if test $? = 0 then echo "Bootstrap succeeded, proceeding with build script..." else echo "Bootstrap failed, halting build script!" exit fi but the script thinks the bootstrap succeeded and attempts to build info, install etc...how do can I detect bootstrap errors and halt the script? - Eric