On 04/25/2018 04:59 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > Not sure what earlier time you're thinking of. My minibuffer-only frame > is still single-line, with no sign that it will grow a second line any > time soon. > > In any case, I don't think this buffer-local binding is right, so > I suggest removing it on `master`. I vaguely recall that the minibuffer used to have problems if you did stuff like (read-from-minibuffer "line1\nline2"). This now works and the minibuffer displays as multiple lines (and does not use backslash-n in the display). My memory of course could be faulty. Anyway, thanks for the second pair of eyes. I installed the attached into master and will close bug#31251.