* emacs-unicode mailing list
@ 2005-07-21  9:22 Sébastien Kirche
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2005-07-21  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would give a try with future unicode Emacs but there is not much info
about it, so i hope that one could give me some details.

Following what is said on the wiki, i made a checkout from the
emacs-unicode-2 branch. I have seen also that on the cvs emacs-bidi is
derived from emacs-unicode-2.

Can i keep emacs-unicode-2 or should i switch to emacs-bidi, given that
i am not that concerned about right-to-left languages but mainly
unicode ?

On the wiki there is also emacs-unicode@gnu.org that is mentioned for
bug reporting.

I have found no archive for emacs-unicode e.g. on gmane.org, but there
is an emacs-bidi archive. I would check about some emacs-unicode
display problems on OSX, so could you tell what is the right list (also
where to subscribe) if emacs-devel is not the right place.

Thanks.

--
Sébastien Kirche

From: Miles Bader @ 2005-07-28 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

2005/7/21, Sébastien Kirche <sebastien.kirche@sage.com>:
> I have found no archive for emacs-unicode e.g. on gmane.org, but there
> is an emacs-bidi archive. I would check about some emacs-unicode
> display problems on OSX, so could you tell what is the right list (also
> where to subscribe) if emacs-devel is not the right place.

emacs-unicode is not an ordinary mailing list.  I do not know if
there's a real reason other than historical for its closed nature
(Emacs development used to be much less open than it is now).

People won't mind if you post emacs-unicode questions/discussion to
emacs-devel though.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.