From: Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev>
To: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Cc: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: master 1aa83da46d1 2/2: ; * etc/NEWS: Rename read-process-output-fast here also.
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 15:28:44 +0300	[thread overview]

On 11/06/2024 11:32, Robert Pluim wrote:
>      Po Lu> -To undo the change, set 'read-process-output-fast' to nil.
>      Po Lu> +To undo the change, set 'fast-read-process-output' to nil.
>
> I realise weʼve renamed this one already, but would it not make more
> sense for the variable to be called something starting with
> 'process-', such as 'process-fast-read-output'? Thatʼs in line with
> other variables affecting the processes process data, such as
> `process-adaptive-read-buffering'.

The idea behind this name was to match one specific C function (which
might be familiar to many who read Emacs's code), but I don't have a
strong opinion either way. process-read-output-fast, maybe?

Also note that both previous names have been already mentioned in
bug#71452 comments, so I suppose the new one should be mentioned too, in
order to avoid keeping an outdated source on that subject.