On 4/18/22 18:24, Keith David Bershatsky wrote: > CC nsterm.o > In file included from nsterm.m:46: > lisp.h:2156: warning: declaration does not declare anything > CC nsfns.o > In file included from nsfns.m:36: > lisp.h:2156: warning: declaration does not declare anything > nsfns.m:1099: warning: braces around scalar initializer These come from Emacs 28's use of an anonymous union, a feature that is in C11 but not C99. The feature is used only in one place and it is easy to avoid using it, so I installed a patch to master to do that (see attached). I noticed another place where Emacs used a feature not supported by C99, namely an enum out of int range, and installed a patch to master to fix that too (also attached). Although I've been admonished to not install into emacs-28, I think you can use these patches there. They should work though you may need to move their line numbers a bit.