* Moving homebrewn binaries and question about building documentation
@ 2007-07-21 12:23 Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2007-07-21 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi!

I just built emacs on Windows XP Pro SP2 with the following script:
#!/bin/bash
export CVS_RSH="ssh"
touch ~/.cvspass
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co -r
EMACS_22_BASE emacs
rm ~/.cvspass
cd emacs/nt/
./configure.bat --with-gcc --no-cygwin --no-debug
mingw32-make bootstrap --jobs=2 XMFLAGS="--jobs=2"
mingw32-make install
mingw32-make info

The last command, mingw32-make info, was not actually in the script but
something I performed as an afterthought. I've had problems before with
my homebrewn binaries not being able to find its documentation, and
maybe this was the missing step?

My second question is: If I want to keep only the binaries and the files
those binaries need, which directories should I get rid of now that the
build is finished (and was a success)?

If I look at the official emacs windows binaries that directory contains
only bin, etc, info, leim, lisp, and sitelisp subdirectories and a few
top-level readmes. As a result, it's several megabytes smaller. Just
remove the directories that are not in the offical binary package and
that's that?

Any replies welcome.

- Eric