* 22.1.92; Tutorial: translation of info node titles
@ 2008-03-10 20:32 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-03-10 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I think the translated tutorials should not translate the title of the
info nodes (as long as we don't provide translate info documentation).
Translation the node title back to English is error prone.

,----[ TUTORIAL.es ]
`----

,----[ TUTORIAL.es ]
| La completación es descrita en el Info del manual de Emacs en el
| nodo llamado "Completation".
`----

Maybe it should be like this?

,----[ suggestion ]
| La completación es descrita en el Info del manual de Emacs en el
| nodo llamado "Completion" (Completation).
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: translation of info node titles
@ 2008-03-10 21:15 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-03-10 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reiner Steib; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:32:50 +0100
>
> Maybe it should be like this?
>
> ,----[ suggestion ]
> | La completación es descrita en el Info del manual de Emacs en el
> | nodo llamado "Completion" (Completation).
> `----

Yes, I agree.

* Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: translation of info node titles
@ 2008-03-10 23:34 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2008-03-10 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reiner Steib, emacs-devel

2008/3/10 Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>:

>  Maybe it should be like this?
>
>  ,----[ suggestion ]
>  | La completación es descrita en el Info del manual de Emacs en el
>  | nodo llamado "Completion" (Completation).

More like ``en el nodo llamado "Completion"´´, or ``en el nodo llamado
"Completion" (Completación).´´.

Though, truth be told, the whole sentence should be rewritten so: ``La
completación se describe en el manual Info de Emacs, en el nodo
titulado "Completion" (Completación).´´

             Juanma

* Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: translation of info node titles
@ 2008-03-11 21:09   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-03-11 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juanma Barranquero; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

On Tue, Mar 11 2008, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> More like ``en el nodo llamado "Completion"´´, or ``en el nodo llamado
> "Completion" (Completación).´´.
>
> Though, truth be told, the whole sentence should be rewritten so: ``La
> completación se describe en el manual Info de Emacs, en el nodo
> titulado "Completion" (Completación).´´

Could you fix the translated info nodes in TUTORIAL.es?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,

@ 2008-03-11 23:14     ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2008-03-11 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reiner Steib, Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

2008/3/11 Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>:

>  Could you fix the translated info nodes in TUTORIAL.es?

I don't really want to delve into TUTORIAL.es. It is written in a sort
of "common Spanish" which is very different of my vernacular castilian
Spanish and which I don't like much (not a matter of correctness, just
flavor). For starters, the word "completación" does not exist,
according to the Real Academia (try http://rae.es/completación).

 Juanma