* diff-mode fixes for empty lines in unified diffs
@ 2008-02-19 19:47 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-02-19 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've just installed on the 22 branch some changes to make it work better
in the face of unified diffs which have empty lines.  I've done a bit of
testing on it, but the change is non-trivial, so if you could all try to
break it, that would be great, thanks.

        Stefan

PS: Miles, you'll probably get merge conflicts on the trunk, just send
them to me.

* Re: diff-mode fixes for empty lines in unified diffs
@ 2008-02-19 19:57 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2008-02-19 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Feb 19, 2008 8:47 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> PS: Miles, you'll probably get merge conflicts on the trunk, just send
> them to me.

Speaking of merge conflicts, the changes you did in the
EMACS_22_BASE´s vc-hooks.el to avoid the loop in vc-find-root should
be synched back to the trunk, shouldn't they? (They cause a conflict
right now.)

             Juanma

* Re: diff-mode fixes for empty lines in unified diffs
@ 2008-02-19 20:42   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-02-19 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juanma Barranquero; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> PS: Miles, you'll probably get merge conflicts on the trunk, just send
>> them to me.

> Speaking of merge conflicts, the changes you did in the
> EMACS_22_BASE´s vc-hooks.el to avoid the loop in vc-find-root should
> be synched back to the trunk, shouldn't they? (They cause a conflict
> right now.)

Yes.  Haven't heard 'bout the conflict, tho, where is it?

* Re: diff-mode fixes for empty lines in unified diffs
@ 2008-02-19 21:19     ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2008-02-19 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Feb 19, 2008 9:42 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Yes.  Haven't heard 'bout the conflict, tho, where is it?

Applying your EMACS_22_BASE patch to the trunk causes a conflict
because of this:

2008-02-19  Thien-Thi Nguyen  <ttn@gnuvola.org>

        * vc-hooks.el (vc-find-root): Take optional arg INVERT.
        If non-nil, reverse the sense of the check.

though it is really trivial to fix.

             Juanma