* the FTP files
@ 2006-11-28  5:05 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2006-11-28  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't think we need both FTP and etc/FTP, especially given that the
latter has just two lines of actual content (that just refer to a
web-page). Also, said webpage contains just two lines of text on the
subject of "obtaining GNU Emacs". That's pretty annoying - why not
just put the relevant text directly in the file?

With regards to the top-level FTP file:

I think we can lose the "UUCP" reference now...

In the Emacs section, we should explain that the Lisp Ref Manual is
distributed with Emacs from 22 onwards.

Does information about how to get Scheme and Tex really need to be in
the Emacs distribution?