* Network connection: 99% CPU
@ 2006-08-24 15:55 dhruva
From: dhruva @ 2006-08-24 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
 I am using Emacs (CVS Head) built on W-XP using MSVC 6.0. I started
using MEW to read mails, occasionally, the CPU usage goes to 99%. Is
it the network connection issue which was reported earlier. I vaguely
remember Kim having worked on it, is this supposed to be fixed? What
additional debugging can I do to provide more data.

-dhruva

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!

* Re: Network connection: 99% CPU
@ 2006-08-24 20:14 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2006-08-24 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel

dhruva <dhruvakm@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am using Emacs (CVS Head) built on W-XP using MSVC 6.0. I started
> using MEW to read mails, occasionally, the CPU usage goes to 99%. Is
> it the network connection issue which was reported earlier. I vaguely
> remember Kim having worked on it, is this supposed to be fixed?

I fixed a problem related to server sockets on W32.
This sounds like something different.
>                                                                 What
> additional debugging can I do to provide more data.

You can try to make a reproducible test case...

* Re: Network connection: 99% CPU
@ 2006-08-24 22:45   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-08-24 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel

Kim F. Storm wrote:
> I fixed a problem related to server sockets on W32.

Do you mean that emacsclient/server now works on w32? Did I really miss
that event ...

* Re: Network connection: 99% CPU
@ 2006-08-24 22:59     ` Jason Rumney
       [not found]       ` <f7ccd24b0608241638t48415f87q2ca5166de587e966@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jason Rumney @ 2006-08-24 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel, Kim F. Storm

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se> writes:

> Do you mean that emacsclient/server now works on w32? Did I really
> miss that event ...

Not quite. The groundwork is there, but someone still needs to do the
job of making emacsclient and server.el work optionally with TCP
sockets.

* Network connection: 99% CPU
       [not found]       ` <f7ccd24b0608241638t48415f87q2ca5166de587e966@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2006-08-24 23:40         ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2006-08-24 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/25/06, Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> wrote:

> Not quite. The groundwork is there, but someone still needs to do the
> job of making emacsclient and server.el work optionally with TCP
> sockets.

As I said earlier, I intend to work on it, but I don't think I'll hit
the pretest target (if the date is "beginning of September").
Obviously, if someone is interested in working on the emacsclient TCP
support and beats me to it, I won't complain a bit :-)

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: Network connection: 99% CPU
@ 2006-08-25  1:39           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-08-25  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 01:40:38 +0200
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com>
>
> As I said earlier, I intend to work on it, but I don't think I'll hit
> the pretest target (if the date is "beginning of September").

Since your work is about fixing a feature that was broken, there
should be no problem to install the fix even after the pretest starts.