On 7/5/05, Mathias Dahl wrote: > "Jan D." writes: > Indeed it seems to be. LCtrl-AltGr-+, in that order, produces \ on my > Key Tronic keyboard, running Emacs 22.0.50.2 on Windows > XP. LAlt-LCtrl-AltGr-x does not work at all for me... :) Hmmm. My previous message was wrong. With `w32-recognize-altgr' I *can* type \, ], etc., for example LCtr-AltGr-+ produces ]. So it seems like, at least on Windows, - with w32-recognize-altgr = nil LCtrl + AltGr + key produce uncommon chars: []\|@#{}€ (in Spanish kbd) There's no way to produce Ctrl/Meta versions of them - with w32-recognize-altgr = t AltGr + key produce uncommon chars AltGr + RCtrl + key produce Ctrl/Meta versions of them I think there's no doubt that w32-recognize-altgr = t is needed, at least on some language environments. Emacs would be unusable to me if I had to do LCtrl-AltGr-` every time I wanted to type a [. So perhaps we should simply document all this in some W32-specific node of the info files. -- /L/e/k/t/u