Hi guys, I was wondering what’s the preferred approach to run a major mode without triggering any if its hooks. I looked at the Elisp manual, but didn’t find anything on the subject. Google searches yield nothing useful as well. (here’s an example that lead to my question - imagine you’re enabling some major mode in a temp buffer just to get proper font-locking for a string you inserted in the temp buffer, but you wouldn’t want to enable whitespace-mode as well, which might add font-locking of it’s own. Obviously you can disable whitespace-mode directly, but there has to be some more generic solution) --  Cheers, Bozhidar