From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>
Cc: emacs-commit@gnu.org, bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org,
	help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: please giving focus on the this build error message!
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:38:30 +0100	[thread overview]

Am 05.12.2005 um 15:14 schrieb zhiqiang yu:

> In toplevel form:
> url/vc-dav.el:29:1:Error: Cannot open doc string file
> "d:/soft/emacs/etc/DOC"
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x1'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\VC98\bin\N
> MAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.

I suppose you have the documentation for nmake. So read it and find out
what these return codes mean!

During making Emacs the DOC file is first deleted, then some output is
redirected into the new DOC file.

Could you check what permissions DOC and etc have? What are the
permissions for url/vc-dav.el and url/vc-dav.elc and the url directory?
Can you byte-compile url/vc-dav.el with another Emacs of the same
version?

Ahemm, can you find out what the string
"D:\soft\emacs\lisp/../bin/emacs.exe" means in Windows? Notice the use
of \ and / !

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.