On 03.05.2022 07:59, Uwe Brauer wrote: > > Hi > > I am forced to use gmail at my university (the features google offer are > a bit different to the personal accounts) > and also for some private stuff. > > There was a discussion in 2022 about the following issue, but then > google dropped this subject because of Covid, however now it seems to > back: > > Now google keeps sending me message that from 30th of May 3rd party > packages cannot connect anymore to imap+smtp via the traditional way. > > It is my understanding that it might be possible make emacs (gnus) work > with gmail under those circumstances, that is using oauth2. > > Has anybody got that to work? > > If so, can he/she share its setting? > > Thanks > > Uwe Brauer > > My understanding may not be perfect, but having considered a similar conundrum for a work-integration, I landed on the conclusion that SMTP and IMAP should keep working as long as you use app-passwords for logging in to your account. If so, that should probably be adequate for Emacs too. Or is my understanding of this situation incorrect? -- Vennlig hilsen *Jostein Kjønigsen* jostein@kjonigsen.net 🍵 jostein@gmail.com https://jostein.kjønigsen.no