On Windows the return values of `display-mm-width' and `display-mm-height' don't really reflect the screen width and height in millimeters. I attached a patch which yields more realistic results. In my case: display-mm-* display-mm-* Real size without patch with patch Width 285mm 370 279 Height 215mm 277 203 For a preview-latex user who originally reported the problem: display-mm-* display-mm-* Real size without patch with patch Width 330mm 320 305 Height 207mm 240 203 The original report described that images generated by preview-latex (which uses `display-mm-{width,height}' for that matter) are distorted horizontally (see bug report at ). In my case these images were too small compared to the font size (see bug report with screenshot at ). With the patch applied both of these problems get better. -- Ralf