On 4/30/06, Drew Adams wrote: > I doubt that many Windows users even consider a prospect of accessing > remote files. > > I think you are wrong about Windows users these days (and perhaps more wrong > tomorrow). Did you read the part about developers at large companies having > a Windows box in their cubicle and using remote (who knows where?) GNU/Linux > boxes for their development? I suspect that is becoming the rule rather than > the exception. Gone are the Solaris boxes in people's cubicles. Yes, they took the Solaris box out of my cubicle about 2 years ago. It was replaced with a Dell running GNU/Linux. Where I work only a few people in management have Windows installed because they need it for their PowerPoint Engineering ;) If anyone else needs Windows for something then we connect to one remotely. In fact, other than my manager's office I don't know the physical location of a machine running Windows where I work. So while I think you have a point I also think you may be overstating it a bit. Michael