On 4/29/06, Michael Albinus wrote: > What might make life more complex finding the "least code to be > extracted" is the XEmacs case. Another syntax is used there. Not > relevant for this mailing list, I know, but I'ld like to keep the code > together. > > I will think about your proposal. I'm just a lowly user so I don't know how much my opinion counts but like most lowly users I'll provide it anyway :) At work I did an informal survey of emacs users (we have quite a few) and only one person other than myself had even heard of tramp. He heard about it from me. If other sites are anything like mine then I'd say that the few people that will use tramp at all won't mind having "(require 'tramp)" in their .emacs file and will already know they have to do so. So why not just skip auto-loading? Michael